Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, 2010 Huffington Post

I'm just starting out with this blog, the first I've written since I was brought to China to help after the massive earthquake there (judithchinablog.blogspot.com), which UCLA Ext's Writers' Program picked up and published day by day. This one will be about how Verbal First Aid can use words to promote healing, relieve pain, provide calm, and even save lives. Christiane Northrup said about Verbal First Aid that it's "like an answer to a prayer. It gives everyone, from parent to firefighter, the knowledge and courage to say exactly the right thing at the right time in a way that is healing, uplifting, and also life-saving.
Christiane Northrup, M.D. Author, Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom

If you'd like to join me for this one, please sign up.

I am in the midst of a publicity push for two new books, a book for parents and those who care for kids:
Verbal First Aid(tm): Help Your Kids Heal From Fear and Pain--and Come Out Strong, with Judith Acosta,
and a book for KIDS, themselves:
Owie-Cadabra's Verbal First Aid for Kids: A somewhat magical way to heal yourself and your friends, with illustrations by David Hudnut.

And I woke up this morning to learn that an article I'd written about how to help kids heal from bullying was published on huffingtonpost.com
You can see it here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judith-simon-prager-phd/verbal-first-aid-healing_b_620950.html

What that meant, of course, was that I had to have my website ready, which I didn't, and also spell my book's title right in the article, which I hadn't. So, having awakened at 5 am (because I'm sleeping in the den because my wonderful husband, Harry Youtt has a chest cold), I had to scurry around trying to get in touch with my web person, Rachel Rifat (who likely was still blessedly sleeping), and life became complicated even before the sun was breaking through my window to kiss me good morning.

I was at a studio affiliate of ABC-TV News on Wednesday to do a segment with Anne Pleshette Murphy on the parenting book and just as we were about to tape (she's in New York, I'm in Los Angeles), President Obama called a news conference to retire General McChrystal, and a bit of newsroom chaos set us back. There was a delay, then our connection was poor and we had to restart, but it worked out and so it seems that everything is slightly harder than it has to be (I usually describe such occurrences as feeling somewhat like swimming through oatmeal), but I do believe that life is not about what happens to us, but how we experience it. Another chance to walk my talk.

I hope when the sun reached you this morning, it was the beginning of a beautiful day for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment